9.25.2010

Ganesha: Remover of Obstacles

A very dear friend of mine is currently in India, touring the country for two months.  Spiritual (though not religious) herself, she has always identified with the vibrancy of India.  She is the henna artist who painted my feet (as seen in my profile picture) the week I learned that my IVF cycle was a spectacular failure in every way.  She and I work together and so usually see each other every day, and I regard her as my touchstone.  She was there with a shoulder to cry on, or a word of advice well beyond her years when I was struggling with my infertility and the world at times seemed so unfair, and life too hard.  And she has helped keep me grounded and focused while traversing this adoption path. Through it all, she has encouraged me to keep a connection to hope and possibility.  Since she has been in India I have missed her each and every day.


Before she left, she asked what I wanted from India as a keepsake. I asked for a Ganesha - the elephant deity in Hinduism considered a remover of obstacles. I was tickled two weeks ago on the day I received her first email from India - the Ganesha she procured for me was her very first purchase.


I emailed her with shaking hands and tear-filled eyes just this past Wednesday shortly after learning that my husband and I have been matched with a birthmom who is expecting a little girl in November.  


Ganesha - the remover of obstacles indeed.  My heart just might burst from the joy.

1 comments:

Geochick said...

Congratulations on your match! What auspicious timing.

Post a Comment