8.04.2010

Confession #1: My last attempt at blogging was a complete and utter disaster.

Let me qualify that.  

My first and only attempt at blogging was at the beginning of my one and only IVF attempt.  I’m embarrassed when I think back on that post because it was bitter and full of doubt.  I was angry that my husband and I hadn’t been successful with our many infertility treatments thus far, and (if I’m really honest with myself) I had a sneaking suspicion that IVF wouldn’t work either.  After 35 years of being a glass-half-full kind of gal, I didn’t even recognize myself.

What a difference a….year and a half (wow) makes.  My husband and I are thrilled with the prospect of adopting, and patiently (somedays more that others) waiting for a match.  Though a frequent reader of blogs, I find the whole blog-o-sphere intimidating in the extreme.  But – it has also been extraordinarily helpful to read the thoughts, perspectives, and experiences of those brave souls who are willing to share their journeys.  It is in that spirit that I wave hello, and dip my toe in the pool.  My hope is that I will use this blog to process through my feelings as we travel this bumpy adoption road.  I’d also like to have a record of the entire journey – warts and all.

We’ll see how it goes.  I’m anxious to get started.

1 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you've (re)joined us here in blogland!

Post a Comment